Nowadays health treatment is very expensive, even a decent hospital can varnish up the savings in a few days, and being hospitalized a patient should focus on the recovery of health rather than hospital bills. So, to protect your loved ones in the time of an uncertain health issue, accident, or paying a lengthy bill you can take Apollo Munich health insurance plan. Apollo Munich Health insurance not only protects the policyholder but also secures the policyholder’s family.
In January 2020, HDFC ERGO has acquired 50.80% shares of Apollo Hospital Group in Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited and got approval from Competition Commission, RBI, and IRDAI of India for acquisition.
The plan usually considers 5 members of the family they are individual, spouse, and children up to 4 children, with the fixed sum assured, it’s very cost-effective for the family because the person doesn’t have to buy an individual policy.
Policy Cover: Apollo Munich Health Insurance Benefits
As per Section 1.1 a-j and Section 2:
- Ambulance Cover up to Rs. Two thousand per hospitalization through ambulance service for transporting the person to the hospital in the case of an emergency.
- Inpatient service
- In-patient treatment covers the expenses of hospitalization for more than twenty-four hours.
- Pre and Post hospitalization expenses cover, in pre-hospitalization up to sixty days expenses and in post-hospitalization up to one hundred eighty days expenses will be covered.
- Domiciliary treatment in the case, when the insured person doesn’t get a bed in hospital then the insurance company will provide medical treatment at home.
- Organ donor medical expenses will be covered.
Exclusion in the Apollo Munich Health Insurance
As per section 5C, anything related to the war, an act of war, biological weapon, nuclear and chemical or any kind of breach of law with the intention of the criminal mind, attempt suicide, professionally participating in hazardous or adventure sport including but limited to para jumping, rock climbing, mountaineering, motor racing, rafting, horse racing, or scuba diving, sky diving, treatment of alcoholism, drug or substance abuse or any additive condition, weight control program or any treatment of obesity, external congenital illness, sleep apnoea, treatment to the effect of or to effect of infertility, sterility, cosmetic surgery or plastic surgery unless requiring due to the accident, any non-allopathic treatment, cancer or burn.
Waiting Period in the Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- 24 months for the illness which is specific and treatment in starting 2 years and the following same is not applicable after renewal.
- 30 days for a normal illness except in the case of an accident in the first year and the following same is not applicable in renewal.
- Pre-exist diseases will be treated after the waiting period of 36 months.
- The payout on an indemnity basis.
- Cost-sharing is not applicable.
Insurance Renewal Condition
The policy can be renewed for a long time or we can say for a lifetime, and the grace period is 30 days is given to renew the policy, if by any chance the break incurred then the bonus of the previous year will not be forwarded to the next year.
Contact at least 7 days before the event, in case of emergency contact within 24 hours of the event, customer care no is 02262346234/ 012062346234 or one can visit site www.hdfcergo.com or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For any further information related to the insurance policy, you can check the following link https://www.hdfcergo.com/documents/downloads/HEHI/PW_IPA_OC_OP_OR/OR-Policy-Wording_A5.pdf
Note: Policy information can be changed, so please go through the Apollo Munich Health Insurance Brochure on the above link.