Having elderly parents at home and benefiting from their blessings is sheer pleasure. There is no disputing that our parents face several obstacles to build our lives and guide us through various stages. Even before we could ask for it, they provided us the finest of everything. As they enter their golden years, it is our primary obligation to provide them with the medical care they require, as aging catches up with them and presents inescapable health concerns. As a result, purchasing health insurance for parents will protect them financially throughout their retirement years while also providing them with peace of mind.
Medical insurance allows your elderly parents to protect their savings by taking advantage of tax benefits. Furthermore, if the proposer and insured in a floater plan are both over 60 years old, they can obtain a greater Section 80D deduction limit on the health insurance premium, up to Rs 50,000 per year, and a total deduction of up to Rs 1 lakh. Indeed, old age is a critical time in your parents’ lives when they require the most attention and financial assistance. That is possible if you pick a health insurance policy or mediclaim for parents that is designed to cover the high hospital expenses they are likely to incur as a result of an illness, injury, or pre-existing condition.
What is Health Insurance Plan for Parents?
The necessity of healthcare insurance coverage is highlighted by the rise of age-related health problems and medical inflation. Parents’ health insurance is a separate health plan that you can purchase for your aging parents to provide high coverage for a variety of medical treatment costs. It offers a variety of advantages, including cashless hospitalization, daycare treatments, yearly health screenings, and alternative therapy, as well as total financial protection in the event of a medical emergency.
If they are above 60, you can choose between an individual plan, a family floater plan, or senior citizen health insurance. Prior preparation and study can assist you in locating the greatest health insurance plan for your parents in India to ensure your older parents’ financial security.
Benefits of Health Insurance Plan for Parents
Pick the medical insurance for parents that would offer the following benefits:
- According to Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, you can claim a deduction of up to Rs 50,000 on the health insurance premiums you pay.
- There’s a potential that your elderly parents have a pre-existing illness, such as diabetes or a heart condition. Selecting a medical policy for parents that covers such conditions, subject to a waiting time, will provide full coverage against the high costs.
- Coronavirus-related illnesses are more common among the elderly. Purchasing a health insurance plan that includes coverage for the coronavirus is more of a financial safety net in times of uncertainty. It will cover hospitalized costs incurred as a result of Covid-19, ensuring your parents’ health throughout the pandemic.
- You and your parents will no longer be concerned about organizing funds to cover hospital costs. Your parents can travel to our network hospital for any planned operation or emergency treatment, and we will cover the costs directly, subject to our T&C.
Coverage and Benefits of Health Insurance Plan for Parents
- Pre-existing diseases coverage: The parents’ mediclaim coverage will cover treatment costs for pre-existing illnesses, subject to a minimal waiting time, ensuring that they receive medical care as soon as possible.
- Pre and Post hospitalization coverage: Medical expenditures, such as diagnostic testing and medicines, will be reimbursed for up to 30 days before hospitalization and up to 60 days following release.
- Daycare treatments cover: Many operations and treatments don’t need you to spend more than a day in the hospital. Your parents may now be eligible for coverage for modern-day healthcare procedures.
- Hospitalization cover: The plan pays for in-patient care and medical treatment, including ICU costs incurred while your parents are in the hospital.
- Organ donor cover: Organ donation costs may be incurred to treat a critical illness. Medical expenditures are covered up to the stated amount, according to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Exclusions in Health Insurance Plan for Parents
- Any disease diagnosis, operation, or occurrence of an event whose symptoms initially appear during the first 30 days of the insurance term start date.
- Expenses incurred as a result of an injury caused by oneself (due to suicide or attempted suicide)
- Medical expenditures incurred as a result of the treatment of congenital illnesses or as a result of the use, misuse, or abuse of alcohol or drugs.
- Medical expenditures incurred as a result of pregnancy and delivery, miscarriage, abortion, and the repercussions of abortion
- Infertility treatment and testing, as well as in vitro fertilization
- Expenses for hospitalization incurred as a result of a conflict, riot, strike, or nuclear weapons assault.
A health insurance plan for parents is a wise option that is essentially personalized to your parents’ various medical demands. They are financially protected by a health plan against medical procedures and illnesses that are common as they get older. Read the policy-related documents and do proper research of the health plans before buying any health insurance plan for your parents.