Black pepper is a flowering vine it is also known as a peppercorn, which is generally dried and then used as a spice or seasoning. When the flower vine gets fresh and fully mature, its length is about 5mm and became dark red. Presently the black pepper is cultivated in tropical regions, and in our country, tropical weather is in south India so it is majorly grown in south India. Vietnam is the largest producer for producing as well as exporting of pepper.
Uses of Black Pepper
Black pepper is generally used for both cooking and as traditional medicine, black pepper has more than six varieties, which is majorly known as black pepper, white pepper, green pepper, red peppercorns, pink pepper, and other plants. A single flowering vine contains more than 20-30 Fruiting spike, the black pepper harvest starts when the fruit starts turning red, just before fruit became fully mature, and still hard, its permit to ripen fully, and also fruit loses its strength. Sharp smell or flavor.
Black Pepper Health Benefits Ayurveda
- Antioxidants: Antioxidant form in body due to excessive free radical, this excessive radical is an unstable molecule which damage the cells in the body, in the regular day some radicals formed naturally like when we do exercise or digest food. But excessive radical forming in the body with the exposure of things like cigarettes, smoke, pollution, and sun rays can lead to a major health problem like heart diseases, premature aging, inflammation, and certain types of cancer. So, taking the black pepper through any mode like in cooked food or in the form of medicine will help to prevent free radical damage to the cells.
- Anti-Inflammatory: In many Condition like Arthritis, Heart Disease, Diabetes, or cancer, chronic inflammation is a major factor to cause all these problems. In studies, it was found that the main active compound in black pepper may effectively fight against the inflammation. In one experiment it was held that – the rat with arthritis, treatment with pepper resulted in less joint swelling and also fewer blood marker of inflammation and it was found that the pepper also reduced the inflammation in the airways which was caused by asthma and seasonal allergies. So, black pepper has the property of Anti-Inflammatory property.
- Benefit for brain: The extract of black pepper helps to improve memory, and it is very effective in brain diseases condition like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s or depression, improve memory.
- Control and improve the blood sugar level: It was found that the taking pepper help to improve the blood sugar metabolism, in studies it was held that, people who were taking insulin to control blood sugar level, they got better after starting the course of black pepper for 8 weeks. But working of black pepper in blood sugar is not successful in many people.
- Reduce cholesterol level: In studies, it was found that the increased risk of heart diseases is associated with the high blood cholesterol, and in Ayurveda, it was said that the taking the black pepper with other component help to reduce cholesterol level in the body, and also taking black pepper and piperine help to boost the absorption of dietary supplement which have potential cholesterol-lowering the effects e.g., red yeast rice or turmeric.
- Cancer-fighting properties: Black pepper has an active compound that slowed down the production of cancer cells but the effect of pepper was not found in every person.
- Increases absorption capacity: Black pepper help to increases the capacity to absorb the nutrients like selenium, calcium, turmeric, etc.
- Pain relief: In black pepper, the piperine is a natural compound t gives natural pain relief.
- Skin health: Black pepper helps to restore skin problem like there is a skin disease which is known as vitiligo in which a few areas of skin loses its normal pigmentation and became white so in this black pepper help to recover but it takes time to recover because as we know natural ingredients take time to heal. Black pepper also reduces the risk of skin cancer which is caused due to skin exposure to harmful sunlight.
- Helps in cold and cough: Black pepper gives relief in nasal congestion or cough, taking black pepper will help to break down the deposition in the respiratory tract and throw out of the body. In Ayurveda, it is an important tonic for the cold and cough.
- Help is weight loss: Black pepper breaks down the fat cell into a component that can be digestible easily and also prevent them from settling down in an unhealthy manner.
- Helps indigestion: It promotes the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which is necessary for digestion. Black pepper helps to remove toxic or impurities through sweating and urinating.
This black pepper which occupies a small place in your kitchen shelf have unexpected bigger benefit in health through the meal or traditional ways, so having two to three black pepper daily helps to fight from many diseases and also repair the health.