Life is worth living, so whatever the situation might be, we all are very grateful that we have so many reasons to live our life to the fullest and be happy. Just being grateful and not taking care of it is not how things will work for us.
Taking good care of our health is the way to live a good life!
Ann Boroch says, “The four components to keeping your immune system healthy are good nutrition, exercise, breathing, and meditation.”
What Does Immunity Mean?
Immunity works like a defense mechanism, in simple words, if you are immune to something, then that means it does not have any effect on you, or you are strong enough to fight whatever effect it has on you, causing no damage.
Our immunity depends upon how well we build it, what we consume, and what necessary measures we take to improve our immune system.
What is the Immune System?
The Immune system is the backbone of how our immunity works. It protects us from infections, injuries, and diseases. Whatever tries to damage our body cells and tissues, our immune system is the thing that helps us to fight it back.
It is our responsibility to keep this system up to date!
It can be possible with the help of proper nutrition. Consumption of minerals, vitamins, and proteins from natural and rich food sources is essential.
What Role Does Vitamin C Play in Boosting Our Immunity?
Vitamin C, which is ascorbic acid, helps in strengthening our immune system. Here are some interesting facts, which will make you aware of the significance of vitamin C constitutes.
- Our body is composed of numerous cells. Vitamin C helps these cells to possess the ability to initiate a defensive reaction against infection.
- White blood cells are known as the immunity cells, constitute a large amount of vitamin C. Consuming vitamin C is necessary because our body does not produce it on its own.
- Production of antibodies in our body is encouraged.
- As vitamin C is an anti-oxidant, it helps to flush out toxins from the cells in our body.
- Vitamin C helps to produce collagen, a crucial component that is responsible for wound and tissue healing.
- Cells that help in preventing the entry of any foreign substances in our body get activated by vitamin C.
- Lymphocytes are a type of cells that kill the foreign cells or infected cells that are harmful to our body, they also help in killing cancer cells. Vitamin C supports this action of lymphocyte.
- Vitamin C is combined with hydrogen peroxide to kill microorganisms and dissolve the bacteria, stopping them from causing any action.
- Vitamin C maintains gut health, ultimately making our immune system better and stronger.
- Our healthy cells stay active for longer due to vitamin C, so because of this we can fight the common cold and flu and all other serious complications. If we consume vitamin C daily, we remain in the best of our health.
Without a doubt, we can say that Vitamin C is our best companion when it comes to maintaining a healthy life, a life which is free from the scary thoughts of falling ill or sick!
Let us add this multi-tasking and super healthy component to our wish list and follow it every day.