A year that saw businesses decline by the wayside has been promising to one of India’s ancientest business houses. The Tata Group, whose shares (excluding a few exceptions) had been getting damaged before the pandemic, has discerned a revitalization in stock prices.
The group has earned Rs 3.3 lakh crore or 42% in overall market cap across its group companies. This has carried its total market cap to Rs 17 lakh crore as of Wednesday’s closing. The number two business house is HDFC (NS: HDFC ) with a total group market cap of Rs 15.25 lakh crore, pursued by Reliance (NS: RELI ) at Rs 12.5 lakh crore.
Tata shares that are credible for the company recouping its number one position are:
- Tata Elxsi Ltd (NS: TTEX ), up 166% to Rs 2,371
- Tata Consumer Products Ltd (NS: TACN ) up 76% to Rs 620
- Tata Power Co. Ltd (NS: TTPW ), up 44.5% to Rs 85
- TCS (NS: TCS ), up 44.2% to Rs 3,159
- Tata Steel (NS: TISC ), up 43% to Rs 709
- Voltas (NS: VOLT ), up 29% to Rs 897
- Tata Motors (NS: TAMO ), up 23.6% to Rs 242
All rates are as of closing on January 13, 2021. Tata Steel shares have risen, driven by a strong recovery worldwide and rigid iron ore merchandise. Tata Motors shares have rallied over 20% this week on news of a Tesla coalition. TCS has recorded excellent numbers during the third quarter of FY2021 and has provided robust performance.