The CIBIL score is provided by the Credit Information Bureau (India) Ltd., a credit rating agency authorized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). Individuals, banks, and non-banking financial organizations can all get CIBIL scores and credit reports (NBFCs). These scores are determined by your credit history, which might range from loan repayment history to credit card repayment history.
This three-digit score, which ranges from 300 to 850, represents your creditworthiness and is used by financial institutions to determine whether to provide loans or issue credit cards.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Checking Your CIBIL Score Online:
Here’s how to find out what your CIBIL score is:
- Step 1: Navigate to the official CIBIL website. (i.e.https://www.cibil.com/).
- Step 2: Choose ‘Get your CIBIL Score.’
- Step 3: Fill up your name, email address, and password. Please include identification verification (passport number, PAN card, Aadhaar, or Voter ID). Then input your PIN code, date of birth, and phone number.
- Step 4: Select ‘Accept and proceed.’
- Step 5: An OTP will be sent to your cell phone. Enter the OTP and click ‘Continue’.
- Step 6: Check your credit score by clicking ‘Go to dashboard.’
- Step 7: You’ll be sent to the website myscore.cibil.com.
- Step 8: After you log in, you will see your CIBIL score.
Online Payment and CIBIL Score Checking:
Checking CIBIL credit ratings online is as simple as following the procedures indicated below.
- Navigate to the official CIBIL website and select the Know Your Score option.
- Fill out the online form, which requests information such as your name, date of birth, residence, id proof, previous loan history, and other pertinent information.
- You will be sent to the payment page after completing the form and accepting the changes. Prepaid cards, credit cards, and online banking are all acceptable payment options. To acquire your credit report, you must pay CIBIL Rs.550.
- You will be sent to an authentication screen after successfully completing the payment. To authenticate your identification, CIBIL will ask you five questions about your credit history, and you must answer at least three of them properly. Within 24 hours, you will receive your report.
- If the authentication fails, you can fill out and submit a paper copy of the application to CIBIL. You will then receive the report in the mail.
CIBIL Score Range
A CIBIL score varies between 300 and 900, with 900 being the highest. Individuals with a CIBIL score of 750 or more are regarded as trustworthy borrowers. The different CIBIL score ranges are shown below.
NA/NH: If you have no credit history, your CIBIL score will be NA/NH, which stands for “not applicable” or “no history,” respectively. You will have no credit history if you have never used a credit card or obtained a loan. You should think about getting credit since it will help you create a credit history and gain access to credit products.
350 – 549: A CIBIL score in this range is considered harmful. It signifies that you have been late in making credit card or loan payments. With this CIBIL score, you will have a tough time obtaining a loan or a credit card since you are at a high risk of becoming a defaulter.
550 – 649: A CIBIL score in this range is considered satisfactory. However, because this is still not the best CIBIL score range, only a few lenders may consider lending to you. It suggests that you have been working hard to pay your payments on time. The interest rate on a loan might be higher. To qualify for better loan conditions, you must take intentional actions to improve your CIBIL score.
650 – 749: If your CIBIL score is in this range, you are on the right road. Keep up your good credit habits to raise your score even higher. Lenders will assess your credit application and make a decision. You may, however, lack the negotiation power to secure the best loan interest rate.
750 – 900: This is an excellent CIBIL score. It signifies that you have a stable payment history and have made on-time credit payments. Banks will give you loans and credit cards since you are the least likely to default.
Three Important Pointers for a High Score
A CIBIL score of 750 or above is deemed optimal. A high CIBIL score is vital when applying for a loan or a credit card. Maintaining your CIBIL score from the start of the year will help you obtain a loan authorized quickly. It is vital to maintain a high CIBIL score.
Here are some helpful hints for getting a high CIBIL score.
- Be Consistent: Your CIBIL score is most affected by credit card and loan repayments. As a result, your initial objective should be to pay all of your bills on time.
- Low Credit Utilisation Ratio: Maintain a 30% credit utilization ratio to maintain a good CIBIL score. If you’re having trouble remaining within the card’s current limit, it’s a good idea to get a credit card with a higher upper limit.
- Seek Variety: It is ideal to have a solid mix of secured and unsecured debt in order to acquire a high CIBIL score. A credit card is an unsecured debt, but a vehicle loan is a secured obligation.