Google Hangout is a digital communication program developed by Google that allows a group of people to virtually “hang out” and chat.
While the technology has acquired appeal in the business and academic industries for its functionality when working remotely, it will be phased out in the summer of 2020 and replaced with Hangouts Chat and Meet, which have comparable but enhanced, functionalities and some expenses.
There are several ways to join a Google Hangout session, the most basic of which is via an invitation link. Here’s how you can join a Google Hangout.
How to Attend in a Google Hangout by Invitation
- You may go directly to your Hangout session by clicking on the invite link that someone emailed you.
– Alternatively, you may go to https://hangouts.google.com, click the three dots on the left side of the page, and then select “Invites.”
- When you select a meeting, you will be sent to a virtual waiting room; Click the “Join” button to start the video chat.
How to Attend a Google Hangout by Starting a New Session on a PC
- Go to https://hangouts.google.com.
- Choose between “VIDEO CALL” or “PHONE CALL.”
- “Join or start a meeting” should be selected.
- Fill in the meeting’s name and click “Continue.”
- Click “Allow” or “Do not allow” depending on whether you wish to provide Meet access to your camera and microphone.
- Select “Join now,” and then on the pop-up box, click “Add people” to begin adding participants to the meeting.
- Fill in the names or email addresses of anyone you want to invite to the conversation, then click “Send invite.”
Your invitees can join the Hangout session by clicking the link supplied in the email.
How to join a Google Hangout by creating a new session on a mobile device
- On your iPhone or Android smartphone, open the Hangouts app.
- Click the “Add” button at the bottom of your screen. Tap “New Conversation” if you’re using an Android smartphone.
- Enter the names of prospective visitors as well as the invitation message.
- Tap “Send.”