With over 2 billion users worldwide, WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps. To bring people together, it has introduced new features like WhatsApp Communities, sharing your present position in WhatsApp, and even the ability to message oneself in WhatsApp. The company offers a variety of useful services but lacks basic features, such as the option to send a message to WhatsApp users without saving their phone numbers. There are, however, several solutions to this problem, and we will teach you how to message someone on WhatsApp without entering their phone number.
This post contains six unique ways for delivering WhatsApp messages without keeping phone numbers. Everything from the new “message yourself” and “click-to-chat” capabilities to iPhone shortcuts and third-party apps has been incorporated. Using the table below, navigate to the technique you wish to use:
1. Using the New Message Yourself Feature (Easiest)
You may now text other people without saving their phone numbers by utilizing WhatsApp’s new self-communication function. This approach works as follows:
- To begin, open WhatsApp and navigate to the “Message yourself” chat, then input your phone number and the (You) label. Then, copy or paste the unsaved phone number into this area and send it to yourself through email.
- In the chat, the unsaved phone number will now be marked in blue. Tap the phone number and then select “Chat with phone number>” to message the person without saving their contact information.
- The unsaved number’s chat window will show on your screen, and you may quickly message them.
2. Select Unsaved Contact Number in the WhatsApp Group.
The second approach for messaging WhatsApp users without preserving their contact information is rather frequent. If you’re in a group chat and don’t have their phone number saved on your device, you may still message them by taking the following steps:
- Begin by entering the group chat and tapping on the number within the conversation. You will then be presented with a pop-up window from which you must select the “Message phone number>” option.
- If you can’t find the phone number in a group chat, go to settings by pressing the group’s name at the top of the screen. Scroll down to the list of participants and check for the phone number that was not stored. As seen above, tapping the phone number brings up the “Message phone number” option.
- If you use the first or second step, you will be sent to the individual chat window, where you will be able to text the person without adding their phone number to your phonebook. If you often use WhatsApp and respect your privacy, we recommend reading our post on how to hide your last seen and online status on WhatsApp.
3. Using WhatsApp Link to Text Without Adding Contact
WhatsApp has long been an official method of communicating with someone without saving their phone number. Utilizing a genuine WhatsApp link, you may SMS anyone without saving their contact information using the Click to Chat feature. There is, however, one significant constraint. This feature is not available in the app, but it is available on both mobile phones and desktop computers. Here’s how you can apply it:
- To begin, open your preferred web browser on Android or iOS. Then, copy this link – https://wa.me/phone-number – and paste it into your browser’s address bar. We recommend that you copy and paste this URL into the Notes app for future reference.
- After pasting, replace phone-number in the link with the whole phone number with the international country code of the person with whom you wish to contact. There are no symbols (plus and -), zeros, or brackets.
- When you click the link, you’ll see a “Continue to Chat” button, which lets you chat with the WhatsApp user without saving their contact information. Tap on this button to open the chat window.
- When you tap the button, a chat window displays in the app, allowing you to text the individual without entering their phone number.
Note: If you enter a phone number that does not belong to a WhatsApp user, an error message will appear. “The phone number #> is not available on WhatsApp,” it will say.
4. Use Truecaller to Send Message Without Saving the Number
Truecaller is a popular spam call and message filtering app for Android and iOS users. Truecaller may be used to send WhatsApp messages without entering a phone number, something you may not be aware of. Here’s how it works:
- If you don’t already have it, download the Truecaller app (free with in-app purchases) for Android and iOS.
- Then, open the app and enter or paste the phone number you wish to message into the top search field. Then, to acquire further information, tap on the contact’s name that the Truecaller app recognized.
- Truecaller’s contact information page allows you to send them a “WhatsApp” message without saving their phone number. Truecaller will quickly redirect you to the unsaved contact’s chat window, as shown below.
5. Shortcut for iPhone WhatsApp Unsaved Number
If you’re a die-hard iOS user who appreciates utilizing Siri shortcuts for tasks like ejecting water from iPhone speakers, analyzing file size, or quickly shooting a picture, you’ll appreciate the inclusion of this Siri shortcut to communicating unsaved WhatsApp contacts. Here’s how you can apply it:
- Go to this URL in Safari (or any other browser) on your iPhone to acquire the “WhatsApp Unsaved Number” Siri shortcut. The link will take you to the Apple Shortcuts app, where you may add a shortcut by touching the bottom “Add Shortcut” button.
- It will now be accessible via the Shortcuts app’s “All Shortcuts” section. To use it, tap the “WhatsApp Unsaved Number” shortcut. A privacy notice will then appear, requesting that you enable shortcut access to WhatsApp’s click-to-chat feature.
- After that, just enter the unsaved phone number (together with the international calling code) in the pop-up text box and complete by clicking the “Done” button. This will launch the WhatsApp conversation window for that person. Isn’t it straightforward?
6. Using a Third-Party app, you may send WhatsApp messages without saving your phone number.
Finally, if you’re looking for specialized third-party software that will allow you to talk with people on WhatsApp without providing their phone numbers, we have the perfect option for you.
- You must first install the Easy Message for WhatsApp app on your iPhone or Android device. It’s a straightforward, ad-free app. Using the links provided, you can download the app for Android and iOS.
- Then, open the app, input your phone number (including the international code), and select the “Start Chat in WhatsApp” option. The application will open the user’s WhatsApp discussion window. It functions similarly to the click-to-chat tool, but it greatly simplifies the process.
So, those are the methods for sending messages to WhatsApp users without entering their phone numbers. The “Mail Yourself” feature has made it incredibly easy to communicate with previously unsaved contacts. If you are a business owner and need to SMS new subscribers without retaining their phone numbers, we recommend using any of the other methods that appeal to you. I hope this information was helpful in fixing a basic WhatsApp issue. Please post any queries in the comments box below, and we will gladly help you.