Here are some simple steps to turn off Google text to speech on your android device:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Then open the General Management option.
- Now open the personal or Language and input option.
- Tap on Google voice typing and tap on the settings button.
- Tap “Ok Google” Detection
- From the Google App option, move the slider to the left to turn off Google text to speech
Another way is:
- Open the Google app on your device.
- Open the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Open Settings > Voice > Ok Google Detection
- Now you choose when you want your phone to listen when you say “ok Google”.
Google Text to speech
Google Text to speech is a screen reader application is developed by Google for the Android operating system. It supports many languages and read-aloud or speaks the text appearing on the screen. Google text to speech can be used for reading books from Google Play Books, reading translated text on Google Translate, Google Talkback, and other accessibility based applications.
Languages supported by Google Text to Speech
Javanese (Indonesia), Kannada (India), Kashmiri (India), Kazakh (Kazakhstan), Khmer (Cambodia), Korean (South Korea), Ladakhi (India), Lithuanian (Lithuania), Luxembourgish (Luxembourg), Malagasy (Madagascar), Malayalam (India), Marathi (India), Nepali (Nepal), Norwegian Bomkål (Norway), Odia (India), Persian (Iran), Polish (Poland), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Punjabi (India), Romanian (Romania), Russian (Russia), Sindhi (Pakistan), Sinhala (Sri Lanka), Slovak (Slovakia), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States), Sundanese (Indonesia), Swedish (Sweden), Tamil (India), Telugu (India), Thai (Thailand), Turkish (Turkey), Ukrainian (Ukraine), Urdu (Pakistan), Uzbek (Uzbekistan), Vietnamese (Vietnam), Arabic, Bengali (Bangladesh), Bengali (India), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech (Czechia), Danish (Denmark), Dutch (Netherlands), English (Australia), English (India), English (Nigeria), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Estonian (Estonia), Filipino (Philippines), Finnish (Finland), French (Canada), French (France), German (Germany), Greek (Greece), Gujarati (India), Hindi (India), Hungarian (Hungary), Indonesian (Indonesia), Italian (Italy), Japanese (Japan).