A pop-up advertisement while scrolling through multiple pages and websites is quite a common sighting on google. Considering the multitude of searches almost every page on google is quite likely to include ads in it, which are a medium used by companies and various businesses to gain traction. Google ads, therefore, prove as a constructive tool to direct end users to websites that provide them with services that they may be looking for or are interested in. However, often times what seems to be a boon for producers or advertisers in this scenario creates an annoyance to the consumers who constantly have to look at the same ads and their repetition leads to many users wanting to disable such ads altogether.
How to Stop the Irritating Google Ads Pop-ups?
To disallow the pop-ups on Google Chrome simply:
- Click on Chrome.
- Once that opens up, you can click on the three dots in the top right corner of your screen.
- Go on down to the ‘Settings’ option and Choose ‘Privacy and Settings’.
- Click on the option for Site Settings and Select ‘Pop-ups and redirects’ under this head.
- Under Default behavior, make sure that ‘Don’t allow sites to send pop-ups or redirects is selected’.
- In case you do want certain websites to send you pop-ups you can Choose the ‘Add’ option below ‘Allowed to send pop-ups and use redirects’.
How to Stop Personalized Ads on Google?
Google also has an option for users to be sent advertisements to be sent to them that they think are relevant based on the information that the user has entered into their google account. To stop them from inconveniencing you:
- Click on Chrome.
- Once that opens up, you can click on your google account icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the ‘Privacy and Personalisation’.
- Head down to the section named ‘Personalized Ads’ and go to ‘My Ad Centre’.
- On the top right corner of this section, you will be able to a toggle option for Personalized Ads.
- You can go on and turn that off.
How to Customize Google Ads?
You may also choose to tweak your Ad settings as per your interest, by following these steps:
- First, you must remember that this option is only available when the personalized ads option is switched on.
- Click on the three dots next to the ad that you would like to see lesser or more of.
- Choose the ‘See More’ otherwise the ‘See fewer’ option as per your interest.
How to Block an Ad on Google?
To quite simply block any advertisement on a service provided by Google you can follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots next to the ad you want to close.
- Then click on the Block Ad option.
To block ads that are not provided under the services of Google, you can follow these steps:
- Click on the close mark ‘x’ on top of the ad.
- Choose the option ‘Stop seeing this ad’.
How to Report an Ad on Google?
To create a safe environment on the internet, Google also provides the option to report an ad when not deemed fit by users to be viewed. To do so:
- You can click on the three dots next to an ad provided under Google services. In case the ad is not provided by Google services you can click on the ‘x’ mark and select ‘Why this ad?’
- Go on the click on Report ad and also choose ‘An ad violates other Google Ads policies’.
- Fill out the form and mention the reason why you think this ad is inappropriate.
- Click on Submit.