Google Drive is a file hosting service developed by Google for synchronization and file storage. On Google Drive, users can store the file on Google’s servers across all android devices, computers, and IOS devices. Google Drive App is also available to access Google Docs, Google Slides, and Google Sheets (Google Docs suite). All the files are saved in Google Drive that is created and edited on Google Docs suite.
Steps to Upload Files in Google Drive
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android device.
- Press on the Add (+) option to create new folders, files, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, sync and upload files in the drive.
- From the Upload option, you can upload files like Images, Audio, Videos, and documents into Google Drive from your My Drive app.
Steps to Share Files and Folders in Google Drive
- You can share Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets from the app.
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap on the more button, next to your file name.
- Tap on share & exports, from there you can do link sharing (you can choose whether a person can view, organize, add and edit the file), send a copy of the file, print the file, and make a copy of the file.
- You can also share multiple files or an entire folder by adding people’s email address to whom you want to share the folder or files. An email will be sent to the people you shared.
Google One Paid Plans
Through Google One free storage of 15 GB is offered on Google Drive. You can upgrade the storage plan through paid plans:
- 15 GB: Free
- 100 GB: 130 / month and Rs. 1,300 / year
- 200 GB: 210 / month and Rs. 2, 100 / year
- 2 TB: 650 / month and Rs. 6, 500 / year
Google One includes some benefits like access to Google experts, you can add your family member to your storage plan, and you can get extra benefits.
Maximum File Sizes Stored in Google Drive
- Up to 1.02 million characters.
- If you convert a text document to Google Docs format, it can be up to 50 MB.
- Up to 5 million cells or 18,278 columns were created on Google Sheets.
- Up to 5 million cells or 18,278 columns for spreadsheets that are imported from Microsoft Excel.
- A single cell will not be uploaded if any cell has more than 50,000 characters.
- Up to 100 MB for presentations converted to Google Slides.
- Up to 200,000 characters per page.
- Up to 10,000 images per site.
- Up to 1,000 pages.
All other files
- Up to 5 TB.