Qualcomm has launched Snapdragon 888 processor at its Tech Summit, The Snapdragon 888 processor will power the flagship android phones in 2021. The latest flagship chip includes 5G, professional-quality camera, Artificial Intelligence, gaming, and many more premium innovations for upcoming android phones.
Specification and Features of Snapdragon 888 processor
- Adreno 660 GPU delivers 35% faster graphics rendering.
- A new architecture based on Arm Cortex-X1 technology.
- FastConnect 6900 Mobile Connectivity System brings the fastest Wi-Fi 6 speeds of any mobile Wi-Fi offering in the industry (Up to 3.6 Gbps).
- 6th generation Qualcomm AI Engine with Hexagon 780 Processor.
- Capture 120FPS burst photo at 12MP.
- First 4K HDR with computational HDR video capture.
- Capture in near darkness with new low light architecture.
- First AI-based auto-focus and auto-exposure.
- The Qualcomm Aqstic™ smart speaker amplifier (WSA8835) engineered to deliver a whopping 7.3W output power, almost doubling our previous generation of smart speakers, is a small chip with a big sound.
- Qualcomm Game Quick Touch increases responsiveness by up to 20%.
- Qualcomm® AI-Enhanced Signal Boost adaptive antenna tuning.
- Camera Specification:
- Image Signal Processor: Qualcomm Spectra™ 580 image signal processor, Triple 14-bit CV-ISPs, Hardware accelerator for computer vision (CV-ISP)
- Dual Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 64 MP
- Triple Camera, MFNR, 30fps, ZSL: Up to 28 MP
- Single Camera, MFNR, ZSL, 30fps: Up to 84 MP
- Single Camera: Up to 200 MP
- Camera Features: Real-time object classification, Low light photography architecture, 10-bit HDR HEIF photo capture, Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR)
- Slow Motion Video Capture: 720p @ 960 FPS
- Video Capture Formats: Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, HEVC
- Video Capture Features: Rec. 2020 colour gamut video capture, 4K HDR with Computational HD, 8K video capture at 30fps, Up to 10-bit colour depth video capture
Artificial Intelligence and Gaming Performance
The Snapdragon 888 will provide an upgraded 5G connectivity with innovative AI experiences. All these spectacular features come from the 6th Generation Qualcomm AI Engine with the new Qualcomm Hexagon 780 processor. 888 processor will provide up to 3x times performance per watt improvement over the previous generations at the rate of 26 TOPS (Tera Operations per Second). It also provides a second-generation Qualcomm sensing hub that includes a dedicated low-power AI processor for screen lift, awake, and activity detection and audio detections.
This chip is a boon to the gamers, the Snapdragon 888 comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming that provides the highest HDR quality graphics that provide desktop level quality to make your gaming experience snappier. It comes with Qualcomm Game Quick Touch that increases screen responsiveness by up to 20%.