The Delhi Transport Department has formulated it unavoidable and necessary for vehicle holders in the national capital to put in high-security registration plate and colour-coded stickers for all automobiles sold before April 2019. Defaulters in Delhi can be fined up to ₹10,000, which is compoundable to ₹5,500 under the revised MV Act.
The Delhi transport department Tuesday handed out 239 challans to vehicle owners for HSRP and colour-coded sticker infringement under “limited” enforcement campaign. Delhi transport department will shortly commence a significant enforcement drive with 50 squads.
Almost 30 lakh vehicles are encompassing 16 lakh two-wheelers, 12 lakh four-wheelers and two lakh commercial vehicles, which are required to be attached with HSRPs.
Vehicle owners will not be inquired of to upload any document or certificate on the official website. Keep your vehicle’s RC (registration certificate) with you for details like registration number, registration date, chassis number and engine number.
How to apply online for a high-security registration plate?
- Go to site: https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx.
- Fill in details such as Vehicle Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number, Owner Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle Class, Vehicle Type, Fuel type.
- Select the Vehicle Class as “Non-transport” if it’s your private vehicle.
- After clicking submit a username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- After clicking “submit”, you will be expected to login with the username and password to generate the payment. A receipt will be produced.
- When your HSRP is prepared, you will get a connotation on your registered mobile number.
- The suppliers have also started HSRPs’ and stickers’ home delivery.
Why is HSRP so substantial to get?
- An HSRP is a chromium-based hologram pertained to by heated lumbering on the number plates both at the front and back besides laser-branding of an eternal identification number.
- HSRPs have specific safety characteristics and are safeguarded against counterfeiting. The plates are attached with non-removable/non-reusable clasp lock fitting system.
- There are approximately 300 dealerships of actual appliance manufacturers that have been given rise to on the online platform of HSRP suppliers, to deliver vehicle owners with reasonable alternatives for HSRP and sticker affixation.