Never surrender to any illicit requests made by the police. Try not to endeavor to pay off the traffic police. This is what you can anticipate. In the event that you are a bike or four-wheeler driver in India, at that point at any rate once in your life, you will be halted by the traffic police.
There is not a lot to stress on the chance that you are halted by traffic police, however there are a few rights that as a responsible vehicle driver you should know:
- Traffic police are required to convey a challan book or e-challan machine so as to punish you. Without having any of these, the police can’t punish you.
- On the off chance that you are stopped by a traffic policeman, as a rule interestingly, you should stop your vehicle and produce archives required by the official. Recall you are just required to show the driving permit to the police. It is totally your decision in the event that you need to hand over the reports or not. Section 130 of the Motor Vehicle Act completely expresses that the driver of an engine vehicle in any open spot will on request by any cop in uniform produce his permit for assessment. As should be obvious the law just says, “produce” and not hand over.
- You should maintain a strategic distance from a contention with the police and collaborate. On the off chance that on the off chance that you have committed any error, simply disclose it to the police and they may even release you.
- Never surrender to unlawful requests of the police. Try not to endeavor to pay off the traffic police. Note down the clasp number and his name. In the event that in the event that he isn’t wearing his clasp, approach him for his personality card. In the event that he will not give you his personality card you can decline to give him records.
- You can be punished for hopping a red light, ill-advised and obstructive leaving, driving without head protector (helmet), overspeeding, smoking/drinking alcohol in the vehicle, not showing number plate, driving without a permit, a vehicle without enrollment, legitimate protection or substantial contamination leveled out authentication are on the whole offenses under the Motor Vehicles Act.
- In the event that the cop is an official of rank sub-monitor or above then you can settle the offense by paying the fine.
- In the event that on the off chance that you are driving without permit or license, police may keep your vehicle. Police may likewise keep your vehicle in the event that it isn’t enrolled.
- Without a legitimate receipt, traffic police can’t remove your driving permit. Your driving permit can be seized on the off chance that you bounce the red light, over-burdening, smashed driving and utilizing the cell phone while driving.
- Traffic police can’t tow your vehicle as long as you are sitting in it. You need to clear your vehicle before they can tow your vehicle.
- In the event that traffic police pester you, at that point you can document a grievance with the police, expressing the specifics of the whole episode. In the event that you are kept by traffic police for the offense, at that point you should be delivered before the judge inside 24 hours, for the preliminary.
- In the event that you are kept by traffic police for the offense, at that point you should be delivered before the judge inside 24 hours, for the preliminary.
On the off chance that if an indictment slip or challan is given to you, guarantee it contains the accompanying subtleties-
- Name and address of the court where the offense will be tested
- Subtleties of the offense submitted
- Date of preliminary
- Vehicle information
- Name and address of the guilty party
- Name and mark of the challaning official
- Information of the records held
Govt Leases Out 3 Airports via Public Private Partnership
Road Safety Rules in India – Road Safety Tips